Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Elizabeth and felicity's carriage.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The carriage looks gorgeous and I think being able to take the roof off will make it much easier to get dolls in and out than it would be if they had to be bent in through an open door. I've read here that the roof is velcroed, not hinged and I think that's also a great idea. Obviously, I'm not an historical purist. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member agcrazy93's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2005
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What do you gals think of it. Before I saw it I wanted it, then when I looked at it it wasn't anything of what i had expected. I thought that the doors opened but you have to take the dolls in and out through the roof. What do you think? [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Like the sleigh, it's beautiful but expensive and large. Unlike the sleigh, it could be left out for display year 'round. For me, it's a luxury. I would only be able to get it if I come into some extra money.

    How the dolls enter/exit the carriage is immaterial to me. Doors would be impractical and unattractive. The hinge would have to stick out on the side, there would have to be a handle and then there would be a dirty area around the handle from use. Then, similar to the top reasoning, one push too hard would break the wood around the hinge and it would take major repairs for it to be right again.

    Sorry, I am practical and have 5 children. I can predict fairly accurately what would happen if we had the carriage. You should think about your own situation with regards to display, storage and exposure to potential damage (including sunlight!).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •